- The Mouse and His Child by Russell Hoban – A children’s classic I’ve been meaning to read for ages.
- Twilight Robbery by Frances Hardinge – yay!
- Bad Pharma by Ben Goldacre – yay again!
- The Vespertine by Saundra Mitchell – I’ve also been meaning to read Mitchell for a long time.
- The Blind Giant by Nick Harkaway – Sold by the subtitle “On being human in a digital world”.
- The Magic of Reality by Richard Dawkins and Dave McKean – Thank you, dear Chris!
It could be that I know I’m moving again in just a month or two (just within the city, but still) and that books are an absolute pain to carry; or it could be that working at a library is driving home the point that I don’t need to own everything, or even most of what I read. Whatever the reason, could it be that I’m finally – gasp – becoming sensible about book acquisitions? I wonder how long this will last.